Friday, November 27, 2009

Seven . . . Are you serious?

I can't believe that Michael is seven!

This year when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday he opted for a party at home, sweet and sour chicken for dinner, and homemade oreo cookies instead of cake. We invited a few kids over and had a Super Treasure Hunt party. The kids worked together on a team to find the treasure (it was a type of scavenger hunt where they had to decode clues and peace together locations). I thought is was pretty awesome. Here is a picture of us trying to decipher a clue.


After the hunt we took the kids outside to play. Some played in the backyard on the playset, and some played basketball. Ben taught them how to play the game Dynamite . . . it was a big hit!



That evening we opened our family gifts. We had numerous packages that had arrived over the last few weeks from extended family. We did a little spin-the-bottle game to determine the order in which he opened presents. He was so pleased with all of his gifts.


We have always joked, "It is so hard to raise such a gifted child." But, truly Michael is brilliant. He always keeps me in check. I have learned with him you can never agree to something and secretly hope he forgets about it -- because he won't. I have learned that he needs the facts -- "just because" does not cut it with him. His wit and intellect never cease to amaze me. We are so lucky to have him in our family. Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Happy b-day Michael! Hopefully in the next year or two we can make it out to see you! We look forward to hooking up in Branson.