Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Thursday . . . We don't do aerobics on Thursdays.

That quote is from back in college when Katie and I used to wake up at 6am and do aerobics before class. One morning I went into wake her up and she ased me what day it was. I said it was "Thurday," she retorted with the above quote. We laughed ourselves silly, we still do whenever one of us quotes it. (Maybe none of you can see the humor in it, but trust me it was really funny at 6am.) So, anyway . . . we didn't do aerobics this last Thursday, but here is what we did do.

I volunteered to go on Michael's field trip to Maymont Park. It was really fun. The kids had a wonderful time running around together. This is a picture of the one moment they held still. They even had their snack on the run. Everyone was really hot and tired at the end of the day . . . but still all smiles.


Right after the field trip I headed over to Emma's school for her last day of preschool. I think she was happy to see the end come, although she says she is sad that she ,"won't get to go to Winfree anymore." Hopefully the summer off will give her some time to get ready to start Kindergarten in the fall.


You also can see her new haircut in this picture. She has been asking me to cut her hair for weeks now, and so we finally did. She loves it! (Don't look too close Barb, I know you will have to fix it a little when you come to visit.)

2 comments:

Charbie & Colbyo said...

Cutie hair Nemmers! I love it, it looks beautiful!!!!

Lisa said...

Emma's haircut is adorable! We still miss you all so much and I am grateful for the blog so that I can keep track of you. Last night Anna said "Sometimes I wish on the first star that I see at night that Michael and Emma will come back." I almost had to cry! Love you.