We have been very fourtunate to have quite a few visitors in our first few weeks in Virginia. Just a few days after we arrived here Barbie and Colby drove our van out and stayed for a little vacation. The day after they got here we went to Virginia Beach for Emma's Birthday. We had so much fun playing in the sand and the water.
We played outside during a rain storm.
We visited the state capitol.
Two days after Barbie and Colby left us we had our next visitor. We got to have Katie with us for about 24 hours as she was en route from Duck, NC to Washington D.C. to catch her flight back to SLC. Of course, made us crepes for breakfast.
A few days later we had our third group of visitors. Andrew and Becca drove our Saturn out to us. We are so lucky to have sweet siblings who will drive 32 hours across the country to deliver our cars. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead by the time Andrew and Becca got here so I didn't get to take any pictures of their visit (so I will just post my favorite one of them from earlier this summer). But we had tons of fun with them at our pool, floating down the James River and celebrating Becca's birthday at Red Lobster.
So that is our last few weeks, or at least the things I was able to get pictures of. We are adjusting well to our new home, neighborhood, ward and work. We loved having so many visitors and we leave an open invitation to anyone who would like to stay with us. Really, anyone who would like to stay with us.
5 comments:
That sounds like a lot of fun Bets, I hope it continues to go so well. And I'm so glad you got your stuff, what a hassle.
I cannot believe how well you are at this moving around and adjusting I would not have expected it. I am glad things are going well and that you finally got your stuff that will make things even better. Take care.
I love seeing the update! I miss you so much! Hopefully we can come visit again soon. Also, when you get a chance e-mail me some pictures if you would. Love you!!!
Yahoo!! Can't believe it is finally is there! I wish I was there to help you unpack! Love you!
Hallelujah! I am so glad that you will be able to get your home settled and actually have someplace to sleep and pots and pans for cooking. You are amazing and I love that you have kept a positive attitude through all of the drama. You really are my hero. Love you all (or should I say ya'll)
Post a Comment