Thursday, November 4, 2010

Katie and Kalani

There is just something about babies! Katie decided that she just couldn't stay away from our sweet little Nathan any longer.


She was able to come visit for her UEA (Utah teacher's weekend) break for an extended weekend. She brought her friend Kalani with her and we all hung out and played together.

We ate at Buzz and Ned's, which is a super yummy BBQ place. (We also ate at Sine -- an Irish Pub with the best Fish n' Chips EVER -- which is becoming a tradition when Katie visits.)


We took Kalani fishing -- I think his record was 16 fish in one hour. Our pond is the perfect fishing spot for first timers.


We spent a lot of time relaxing and just hanging out. We played Band Hero, visited, watched TV shows after the kids went to bed, and frosted cookies!



The last day they were here we felt up to an outing. We (Sarah, Nate and I) took them to the Virginia State Capitol Building. It is actually one of my favorite spots to take visitors (close, beautiful, informational and historical). We had just missed the tour, so I gave them my own tour -- hopefully some of it was accurate.


Then we took them to the airport. We hated to see them go . . . but were excited that Katie was coming back just one month later.

2 comments:

Katie E. said...

Thanks for the trip! It was soooooo fun!

Erin Jepsen said...

I am glad you gals still get so each other often. How did you like Kalani, I think he is great!