Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monument 10K and Kids Run

This last Saturday the biggest race in Richmond was held. The 10K is getting more and more popular. It is held in a beautiful location. The run is in downtown Richmond along Monument Avenue, where there are numerous statues of historical figures down the middle of the street. This year Ben decided to run, along with 37,000 other runners. It was very busy. As we watched the stream of runners passing by I was afraid we would miss him. But, how could you miss this cute guy? He is inspiring to me and my cute kids. Awesome job Ben!!!


Before the 10K started they held a 1 mile Kids Run. Michael was brave enough to attempt it, and I was lucky enough to get to run with him. We had a blast!! It was so amazing to be able to follow his lead and watch him make decisions during the race. When they said "GO" all of the kids took off in a sprint, I thought I might loose him. But, soon there were kids tripping over each other, laying on the ground and then some had to start walking -- pretty funny/sad stuff. Then Michael slowed down and I was able to catch up with him and remind him to pace himself. The run was beautiful and I loved running with my little boy. As we got close to the finish line and saw Dad waving from the sidelines and snapping pictures, Michael started sprinting again. I hung back a little and watched him revel in crossing the finish line (he is in the red pants). It was a totally awesome day for a mom and wife.

2 comments:

Katie E. said...

How awesome! I'm proud of all of you!

Flashy said...

Looks like fun. I can't wait until I can get Jane to do runs.