Last year they also helped us with our garden. This year we really put them to work. Grandpa, Grandma, Sarah, and I spent one whole day weeding various garden beds and calculating how much mulch we were going to need to order for around our bushes and trees. I couldn't believe how fast it went with their help (Sarah and I work rather slowly with a lot of resting and snacking in between). When we finished, there wasn't a weed in sight.
The kids really enjoyed the ward Easter Egg Hunt. The weather was beautiful and it was fun to be outside and playing.

It was really enjoyable to have General Conference on the same weekend as Easter. On Sunday we got to be together and watch Conference while eating loads of chocolate and candy. Grandma did lots of church crafts with Emma and Sarah. Grandpa got to hear a lot of Sarah's "stories," and was a great sport about it (she rarely let him out of her sight)! That evening Barbie and Colby arrived and we had a yummy Easter dinner. It is so fun to have family here for the celebrations and big holiday dinner.
The next morning Grandpa had to head off to Annapolis to talk to the Marines. (I am not sure how Grandpa got away with not being in any pictures while he was here visiting -- looking back I can't find a single one.) Grandma got to stay with us for a few more days and get roped into more work projects (among many other things she fixed my phone and garage door -- thanks grandma). Grandparents are the best!!!
2 comments:
I agree, grandparents are great, but that rabbit is really freakng me out.
The pictures made us want to come back again soon. We had sooooo much fun. thanks for making us feel so special.
Post a Comment