Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween has already been too much fun.

Halloween is still days away and I feel like we have already had all the fun we can stand. On Friday night Michael's school had their Pumpkin Lighting Party. Here is Michael standing in front of his classes display. The teacher carved a large pumpkin, then each student made their own small pumpkin for their "pumpkin patch."



We went directly from school to our ward Trunk or Treat. It was a lot of fun with food, games and candy!!! Here you can also see their costumes. Michael is an astronaut.


Emma is Strawberry Shortcake. And she is pretty sassy!


And our little Sarah is a ladybug.


Ben and I were so busy getting kids, desserts, costumes, etc together that we didn't make it into our own costumes for the Trunk or Treat, but we had fun anyway.


The next morning The Grove hosted a Halloween Parade. The kids marched around the pond. It was really cute. It took Sarah quite a while to make it all the way around the pond "own self."


I think Michael and his friends ended up lapping her three times.

Saturday night Ben and I got our first babysitter since we have lived in Virginia. We went to a Halloween party hosted by some of our good friends who dressed as the couple from Juno (she is about four weeks away from delivery).


Ben and I went as Dwight and Angela from The Office.


There was karaoke. I am still surprised I was brave enough to participate.

Ben was the star of the night (remember, he is in character as Dwight.) Unfortunately, the Karaoke machine was having technical difficulties and interrupted an otherwise spectacular performance.



When we got home all of our kids were in bed. We will definitely be getting a babysitter again.

8 comments:

A day in life of the Pritchetts said...

Bets, I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well. I don't mean for this to sound pathetic, but I'm so glad you've found friends already, especially ones that you're close enough to go to parties with, that's great. I'm sure glad you had your visitors this last week. Your kids look darling in their costumes.

Erin Jepsen said...

Way to go! I cannot beleive you sang either. You guys look like you chose a great place.

Chelsea said...

you two look so GOOD as dwight and angela!! that's hilarious!!!

miss you guys!

Lisa said...

You are the PERFECT Dwight and Angela! That's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes. You guys look just like them. Made me laugh right out loud.

Stacey said...

Holy cow, I'm so mad I didn't get to see that in person. I love, love, love it!

Anonymous said...

Such cute costumes!!! I love all of them! Miss you guys tons!!!!!!!!!

Andrea said...

We loved seeing your costumes! You two are a riot! We miss you like crazy... please tell Michael hello from Ty!