Saturday, October 4, 2008

Grandpa Mike and Grandma Nona came to visit

We were lucky enough to have our sweet Grandpa and Grandma for a visit this weekend. They arrived Friday evening (September 26) and stayed with us through Tuesday afternoon (September 30). We had lots of fun just being together. The kids barely let the grandparents out of there sight. Many times we heard them pounding on bathroom doors because Grandma or Grandpa had dared to shut a door between them for even a second. We spent a lot of time fishing down at The Grove pond. Grandma bought us new fishing poles. Sarah got a Dora one and Emma got a Disney Princess one. They "fished" with the weights used to practice casting. They loved it



Grandpa helped us get the right hooks and bait. He even taught us how to make "dough balls" to fish with. Michael caught the first fish, it was also the largest of the day.

Ben also caught one.

Grandpa Mike and I hooked some big ones, but we apparently did not have heavy enough line and they got away. However, we did get some pictures before the line snapped.

We did to a little touring of the State Capitol, which is always very fascinating. (I have actually been four times and I still learn something new every time.)

We also got to have lunch with Michael at his school. He absolutely loved showing Grandpa and Grandma his school. His awesome grandparents brought him McDonalds for lunch -- he is so cool!
The minute they drove away we were missing them. We all had such a fun time. We have already started planning a trip down to visit them in early November. See you soon Grandma and Grandpa, we love you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun. I love to see you guys and your mom. Love you Bets

Katie E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin Jepsen said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. How fun to be a little closer to your mom. Missed you at Bear Lake.

Charbie & Colbyo said...

You guys are so cute. Looks like so much fun! I can't wait until we get there, one week from today!!!! Wee-haa

A day in life of the Pritchetts said...

I'm so glad you got to see them. And I heard, Katie and Barb and Colby are on their way. Sounds like fun. Miss you guys.