
It was a wonderful Christmas morning. This is the first time in our married lives that we have not celebrated with extended family. It was just the six of us this year . . . quiet, but wonderful.
This year we tried something new. After coming down the stairs we immediately checked out what Santa had brought us and then opened our stockings. After all of the whooping and clapping we headed over to the table for our traditional breakfast casserole. The kids are always good to eat breakfast . . . along with the promise of eating candy and treats the rest of the day.
There were lots and lots of gifts to unwrap. I loved how the kids were mostly excited to have the gifts that they were giving opened by the recipient. They are such sweet and wonderful kids. Many thanks to all of the wonderful Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Brothers, Sisters and cousins who were so thoughtful.



After a great morning we headed off for church. It was a really nice way to celebrate Christmas Day. The primary kids sang a couple of songs, as did the ward choir.
We ended the day with friends eating a yummy Christmas dinner, playing games and sharing new toys.
The week following Christmas has been sooooooo much fun. I have been so lucky to have all of my kiddos as well as my husband home with me for quite a few days. I love getting up in the morning to kids climbing in bed with us to snuggle. I love lazy breakfasts (that sometimes don't start until 10am). I love going from game to game to game. I love just being together as a family. I am so grateful for the amazing people I get to be surrounded by everyday!
We ended the "Winter Break" with a quiet New Year's Celebration. We decided with Nate, we would just say home so that we could get him to bed at a reasonable hour. The other kids were determined to make it to midnight -- and they all did. We watched a movie, played games and ate snacks and treats. There was quite a bit of fussing between 11p and 11:58p. But, then they cheered right up!
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Can't believe the shoes fit both Michael and Betsy! Looks like a fun Christmas! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment