Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ward Christmas Variety Show

Last night was our Ward Christmas Variety Show. It is sort of a talent/performance/anything show. We did the same thing last year and it was really cute. As we were on our way home from the show last year my kids kept asking me, "Why didn't our family do anything?". I told them that I didn't know that they wanted to perform, and that I was sorry that I hadn't asked them. But in my heart I knew that if I would have tried to put anything together it would have been a fiasco of me trying to get them onto the stage to perform the night of the party. I knew I had always been to shy to enjoy performing in these events, so how could my 7, 5, and 3 year old be any different? Well, they insisted that they would have done some splendid performance. So I told them if they wanted to, next year they could sign up. I left it at that.

So this year when it came around I asked them (thinking they would say no), and Michael immediately said, "ya, sign me up." Emma and Sarah both said "no." Michael spent the week deciding what to do, he was trying to choose between doing magic tricks, dancing with a large candy cane, and many others. He finally decided that he would lipsinc and dance to Men In Black. I kept thinking, that if he really did it - it would be great. Well, he practiced and was really cute. The girls danced with him too, and I asked him if he wanted to invite them to perform with him. He decided that he wanted to do it by himself (braver than I thought). By Friday Emma and Sarah had decided that their brother was so cool, that they wanted to perform too. They decided to run around in a circle singing (or shouting) Jingle Bells while shaking their bells.

So here is what happened.



Michael's is too long to attach. I will have to edit it to be shorter and just show some highlights. But he did a great job as well. I can't wait to see what happens next year!

3 comments:

Brent and Cheryl VT said...

GREAT JOB, Emma! Now I can't wait to see Michael's! I hope that while you're out here for the holidays we might be able to cross paths. All of our kids (and grandkids) are also coming and I can hardly wait!!!

Charbie & Colbyo said...

I am so proud of you Emma! You did such an awesome job and you are one beautiful singer! Good work Sarah too! I love you girls!!!
Michal Bean, I know you did great and can't wait to see your video! I love Men in Black lets watch the show when you get here!

kelgrandy said...

Emma, Awesome job!! You did great. Please post Michael's lip-syncing, ground-shaking, smooth-dancing performance when you get a chance. Looking forward to watching it!!
--Scott