Monday, April 20, 2009

Katie's Spring Break

We were lucky once again to have back-to-back visitors. Gene and Tammy left Monday morning and Katie flew in Monday afternoon. It has been a wonderful week and a half. Of course whenever Katie visits she does a lot of cooking for us. We made sugar cookies practically every night. (Thanks to a donation from Andrew and Becca of 'nearly' 101 cookie cutters.)

She also made us crepes every morning and Grandma Mary's tacos one night. Needless to say . . . we ate very well.

The boys were really grateful she brought her computer. They loaded Age of Mythology on it and stayed up until 11:30p (or at least I think that's when they went to bed, I was already asleep) playing with and against each other. They really had a blast.


It was pretty rainy the first two day's Katie was here so we decided to go to the Richmond Children's Museum. We had so much fun that we ended up getting a family pass for the year.


Once the weather got better we finally got to go outside. We had a barbeque on the deck. The kids thought they were so cool, they all had to wear their sunglasses.


After dinner we headed down to the pond. We fished and played on the playground. It is so nice to have spring here, and wonderful to have Katie here.


We finished off Katie's trip with a jaunt downtown to the James River Canal Walk. The weather was beautiful. We took a short walk along the Kanawha Canal. Sarah especially loved going right by the canal and telling me "I won't fall in mom."




We only went a little way down because we had to make it back for our boat ride, but we will definitely go back again and do the full walk down to Brown's Island.

It was so much fun to have our sweet Katie here with us. I am sure that I miss her the most, but every member of my family says the same. Come back soon Kits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great post I loved it. All the stories and pictures. Miss you guys. I was sorry I didn't get to see more of you at Barbes wedding. Maybe next time. Love you guys.

BeccaVT said...

what?! nearly 101 cookie cutters?! i cant BELIEVE we got gypped...

Jessica said...

what ? Katie is your favorite ? then why am I coming ?