Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sarah's "Best Day Ever"

Last Friday started out like any other day. We got up, Ben left for work, we got Michael and Emma on the bus and started cleaning up the kitchen. As I was clearing off the counter I noticed that Ben had left his laptop. I quickly texted him to let him know and he asked if we would be able to bring it to him and maybe meet him for lunch. So, we got ourselves together and were off to the Blood Pressure Clinic (where Ben volunteers on Friday mornings).

Our cute Sarah has such personality and loves to talk to people. As soon as we got there Sarah was entertaining the entire staff of the clinic with stories of Nate, Zhu Zhu pets and farting. She is a hoot! After Ben finished up we walked down the street one block to Elephant Thai. Sarah got Spring Rolls and had a Capri Sun for lunch. Could it possibly get any better? Oh, ya!

Next we were off to Ben's Lab. If you know Sarah at all, you know that she absolutely adores mice. Well, Ben spends a lot of his days with mice in his lab. We have chosen not to go into too much detail regarding what he does with the mice, but the kids know that he works with them. When we arrived at the lab Ben, Antonio and Stephano quickly rushed Sarah back to the lab while Nate and I visited Elenora. About 10 minutes later they came back out and Sarah had the biggest smile on her face and whispered to me "Mom, I got to hold a mouse." (She was whispering because the boys had told her not to tell me. I am glad that she doesn't keep secrets from me.) Sarah is so lucky to have such an awesome Daddy!


Later on when I was talking with Sarah I said, "This has been a pretty fun day." Sarah answered with, "Ya, I just woke up this morning and I didn't even know that it was going to be the best day ever."

4 comments:

Charbie & Colbyo said...

I love her so much!!! She is the cutest and sweetest!!!!! She makes the few days I get to spend with her 'my best day ever'!

Ciro and Shannon said...

Write all of her quotes down, because I am pretty sure you could write a book someday with all of them!

Katie E. said...

It almost made me cry! You are all so sweet. I miss you so much! I have the best day ever when I'm with you guys!

Tammy said...

I love the picture - complete with pink gloves for the little girl! What a darling girl with such a great perspective on life! You will be lonely when she starts school.