We got to do more visiting. We were even lucky enough to be able to squeeze in a visit with the Reeds who were in town from Washington state. We visited "the OG" and did some sledding with the Reeds and Brady's.
We played with our Christmas presents. This is one was a very labor intensive lego-type rollar coaster that Michael got from his cute Aunt Jessica. I think Grandma Nona and Katie had a lot of fun with it. I think they even let Michael touch it once when it was done . . . just kidding. But, I think it did take Katie quite a few hours to assemble it, and it was pretty awesome.
We also did a lot of Rock Band and name that tune into the wee hours of the morning.
We got to enjoy some birthday celebrations with Barb. On December 27th she turned 26 years old. Happy Birthday Barbie!!!
We loved the snow, and it was so fun to be outside. We went sledding again. Have you ever wondered why the parents/grown-ups get tired so much faster than the kids . . .
Katie is a good aunt.
And I spent a few hours building a snow fort with the help of my sweet mom (who sacrificed her back for the sake of the fort) and my kids who really wern't as helpful as you would imagine (or maybe exactly as helpful as you would imagine). But, building snow forts is one of my favorite winter activities and this one was awesome. It only got half finished, because the second day the snow wouldn't pack very well.
But, we were still able to have a seriously awesome snow ball fight. And I think it is still standing (almost three weeks later).
It was a wonderful holiday. Another year is behind us . . . watch out 2010, here we come!
2 comments:
I love the rockband picture. Krista's doing some serious lip biting, I've got the "claw" from too much guitar playing, Betsy's rocking out, Barbie's seriously worried, and Colby is ... well he kind of looks like he's recovering from the "claw".
Good times.
Ben
Love it! Yes, the fort is still standing and we are supposed to get some good snow this week to help! I'll send you another picture. Love you all!
Post a Comment