Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy Birthday x 2

Just about five years ago Ben's life was ruined. Well . . . not really ruined, but his birthday celebrations -- as he once knew them -- changed drastically. Ben is the type of individual who enjoys not only celebrating his birthDAY, but his birthday WEEK and birthday MONTH. Well, five years ago our sweet Emma decided to be born a few weeks before her due date. On July 26th (just four days after Ben's b-day) she came into our family and "invaded" Ben's birthday week and month. I think he has had a hard time adjusting, but it is growing on him. Actually, this year he suggested doing a combined party for the two of them and another one of our friends who also turned 31 (on July 24th).


It was a really fun party with a lot of people and A LOT of food.


We had party games, just like any good birthday party should. We played soccer in celebration of Ben and Stefano.


And in celebration of our sweet Emma we played Pretty, Pretty Princess.


We also had fun individual celebrations. On Ben's birthday, we were lucky enough to have our sweet Katie arrive for a visit. We had a yummy dinner and opened presents.


Emma had a birthday party with some of her preschool friends. I loved watching them interact with each other. Emma decided to do a painting craft (she is always the artist), as well as play some games.



I can't believe that she is five. I can't believe Ben is in his 30's. I can't believe we ate so much cake in one week.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't believe I missed two such raucous parties... why do I not spend every second of my life around you guys ??